Adventure was established to drive continuous value creation and to provide the fundamentals for robustgrowth to deliver sustainable value over the long-term. The mandate for Adventure is to diligently and consistently focus on revenue generation outside of traditional advertising platforms.
The focus of Adventure is to enhance the exploitation of the SABC’s vast asset base vested in its more than 3000 trademarks. Adventure also seeks tocompound value into the SABC, to leverage the strengths of the great SABC platforms in partnerships with third parties and to expand the offering with product sales, payable content and lead generation. Adventure’s revenue performance areas include SABC VAS Mobile, Merchandising and Events as well as Media for Equity and Retail.
- To compound value
- To leverage the strengths of the SABC’s trademarks, brands and audiences
- To expand the offering into retail apparel, commercial events and lead generation
- Develop sustainable alternative revenue streams
- Grow the partner client base
- Build SABC event properties
- To improve on the SABC offering, create additional consumer touch points and make the SABC more competitive
- Adventure transacts through alternative revenue channels, including mobile, licensing, white labelling, events, and retail merchandise
- The channels trade through numerous partnerships and joint venture arrangements
- This multi-channel distribution approach means that the SABC now services its business partners and audiences on air, online, on the ground and in store.
- Adventure is successfully entering into partnerships and alliances with several partners in the financial services, retail, events and manufacturing industries
- Adventure business is new
- Most deals are traded on trademarks and airtime across both radio and television platforms
Adventure is succeeding in wring business and contracting with partners. Over the last six months Adventure has entered into successful partnerships with companies in financial services, manufacturing and digital mobile.